Northwest Hills Community Church (NHCC) originated in 2007 as a church plant of Valley Community Baptist Church.
In 2015, NHCC merged with Calvary Baptist Church, a faithful but aging congregation. Today, NHCC is a multi-generational church of people from towns all across the Northwest Corner of Connecticut who gather to glorify the Triune God.
Our Core Values:
- Word Centered – We desire to center all of our ministry on the sure foundation of the Word of God. We desire not only to involve the Scriptures in our ministry, but to derive the very content of our ministry from the Scriptures.
- Gospel Centered – The gospel is not merely a rite of passage for new believers, but is vital to every Christian every day.
- Expository Preaching/Teaching – Because the Scriptures are sufficient to equip us for every good work, we value careful and faithful expository preaching and teaching.
- True Religion – We want our lives to reflect the fullness of the glory and love of God. We’ve been saved by grace unto good works and therefore desire to serve orphans, the unborn, widows, and those who are in need.
- Evangelism-Minded – We preach Christ and him crucified for the forgiveness of sins for the salvation of the world.
- Intentionally Theological – The Bible tells us to love God with all of our heart and mind. Therefore, we desire to feast upon the Word and to revel in the deep truths of the faith. The more we know of Christ, the more we are drawn to worship.
We meet in the historic Calvary Baptist Church building on the corner of Prospect and Church Streets in downtown Torrington across the street from the Vogel-Wetmore School.